Due to all the "me too" posts on my original blog post about my Mac's terrible case of narcolepsy, I wanted to see if we could compare some things here (and not lose this in the comments of the previous post). I think I've ruled out anything to do with my power cord (or lack of it).
- Question One:
- Whether you have a 15" or 17" Powerbook, is your processor a 1.67GHz?
- Question Two:
- Did you buy your PB closer to the April or August release date?
- Question Three:
- What Boot ROM Version are you running?
- Question Four:
- What system version are you at — and is this an upgrade from what came installed on your computer? Did you notice this problem at a particular upgrade?
- Question Five:
- If you tap the space bar to wake the computer every time it goes to sleep, will it eventually stay on for an hour or two?
- Question Six:
- Do you stay on longer after rebooting? And if so, what's an approximate time?
My answers are the following:
17" PB with 1.67GHz processor
April Purchase date
Boot ROM Version: 4.9.1f3
Running System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.3 (8F46) (though based on Eric's report, I'm going to upgrade today). This is an upgrade over what I originally had installed.
Most times I can hit the space bar 8-20 times and it will finally stay on.
If I do not reboot, I definitely get progressively worse over time. The episodes of narcolepsy get closer and closer together. If I start the day with a fresh boot, I can usually get 2-3 hours.